Mondays 10.15-11.30am Beginners Yoga Course-6 Weeks 2nd September-14th October
6 wk intro course
This course is aimed at those with no/little experience of yoga. You will be taught how your body moves, how to move with breath awareness & how to breathe fully. Relaxation at the end of the class will help you to unwind.
There will be a specially chosen limited selection of asanas (yoga postures) so you can learn the basics. This will make you feel more confident to continue your practice either with Karen, or with another teacher of your choice.
*No class on 23 September*
Sound Bath with Craig Winterburn Fri 25th Oct 7-8pm
Sound Bath Event
If you’re having trouble sleeping, feeling anxious, in pain or just not able to be, this just might be the thing for you. Used as a complementary therapy, the effects can be profound. Helps with sleep, meditation and minor blockages in our thoughts and physiology.
A gong bath works out emotional issues and physical blockages that we need to release in order to move forward in life.
"Intentional exposure to a sound bath brings an enhanced awareness of senses which can be applied to everyday life challenges and pleasures."
Based on ancient wisdom, gongs vibrate at the same frequency as our own. This can lull you into a peaceful, transcendental place allowing the body to heal itself.
The experience is effortless and the results profound.
Come and join us for this amazing 1 Hour relaxation.
PLEASE arrive 15 mins early giving you plenty of time to settle.
Please let me know in advance if you are pregnant, have a metal implant (contraceptive coils are fine) or pacemaker, suffer from a sound sensitive condition, or have any query regarding the suitability of a gong bath for you.
Bring something comfortable to lay on, your favorite comfort blanket and plenty of drinking water.
Menopause Monthly Thurs 24th Oct 7.30-9pm
Women only class
Karen will be holding monthly Nidra Nights for women of all ages. The focus will be on peri-post menopause, but all women are welcome.
There will be some movement to build strength, keep joints mobile & to relax the body.
A deep relaxation practise called yoga nidra will end the evening. These may be recorded for your own home practice.
Hypnobirthing workshop with Natalie Qureshi 9.30-4.30 pm
Hypnobirthing workshop with Natalie Qureshi, Birth Coach
£195 (per couple)
£165 (per couple), for anyone attending pregnancy yoga at Creative Calm with Janine.
- August 6
- September 14
- October 20
- November 3
- December 14
The workshop will teach you:
- How to reduce anxieties during pregnancy and birth
- Relaxation and pain reduction techniques
- How partners can support
- Essential birth knowledge to help you feel calm and in control
- Skills that work, no matter what your plans for birth
Four downloads and a course workbook are included so you can continue your practice at home afterwards and access to a closed post-workshop hypnobirthing on-line group. Suitable from 20 weeks onwards.
"The workshop left me feeling empowered and excited about the birth of our first child."
“Midwives were impressed with how calm I was throughout”
Yoga, Pranayama and Meditation for Autumn Wellbeing Thurs 26th Sept 7.30-9pm
Thursday 26 Sept pop-up class
Join Ellen for this special pop-up class. A celebration of the Autumn season, and chance to learn how your yoga, pranayama and meditation practice can support your health and wellbeing this season.
You'll be guided through a yoga practice designed to support the mind and body in Autumn. Afterwards you'll practice pranayama (breathing exercises) and meditation for this time of year. Throughout, Ellen will explain how what you're doing supports Autumn seasonal wellbeing referencing the teachings of Ayurveda. Ayurveda is the 'the science of life', the sister science of yoga and the ancient Indian holistic art of health and wellbeing.
You will also have the option to purchase an e-book on Ayurvedic seasonal health written by Ellen if you want to explore this fascinating topic further.
Ellen has been studying Ayurveda and applying its teachings to her life for the past two years. She's currently completing a qualification in Yoga, Ayurveda and Holistic Health lead by Emma Louise Newlyn. Ellen is passionate about living seasonally and writes about this on her website being-change.com, as well as talking about it on her podcast Create Shift.
Yin Class with Justine Sunday 3rd Nov 7-9pm
In Yin yoga, we target the deep connective tissues of the body - the ligaments, joints, bones, fascia -through a series of passive floor poses held for around 3 minutes or more.
Yin Yoga can be the gateway to a meditation practice. Where does the mind go during the long holds? We have the opportunity to practice mindfulness, acceptance and surrender.
This class is booking only. £14.
A Day of Yoga & Mindfulness 28 Sept 10-3pm
Event for Prestwich Arts Festival
Indulge in an extended yoga & mindfulness session with Karen Hadgett.
Karen will be exploring inversions to help you find a way of seeing things differently. She will be creative & incorporate some of the art in the room that is part of Prestwich Arts Festival.
Inverted poses can be incredibly relaxing, revitalising & a way to relieve tension in your back.
Come along & explore what feels just right for your body in a safe & nurturing environment.
The workshop is open to anyone who wishes to experience the effects of an extended yoga & mindfulness practise.
A light lunch will be provided to keep you nourished.
Saturday 28th September
Sounds Of Sanskrit with Lucy Crisfield 30th Nov 10-4pm
The Language of Yoga
A workshop for anyone wanting to deepen their yoga practice; bringing the philosophy of yoga viscerally alive into our own experience. Lucy Crisfield, speaker at the World Yoga Festival and plenary speaker at the British Wheel of Yoga London festival, will be bringing the ‘Sounds of Sanskrit ~ the language of yoga' to Manchester
- Experience the Yoga Sūtras, the śiva sūtras and the 16 divine mothers. How do you pronounce the bīja mantraḥ, and what is the true significance of the mystical sound oṁ?
- Sound is the most profound medium through which to effect spiritual transformation; it cannot be separated from the path of yoga. Experience the connection between the Sanskrit letters and the elements and open ourselves up to the profound depths of the mantraḥ tradition.
- Deepen our connection to yoga by immersing ourselves in the sounds in which the tradition was created.
Saturday 30th Nov 10-4pm
Sounds of Sanskrit Weekend Workshop 25-26 January 2020
- Experience the meditative quality of the 16 vowel sounds, known as the 'divine mothers'
- Learn how to sound the bīja mantraḥ ~ experience their transformative power.
- Experience the gāyatrī mantraḥ in its Vedic recitation ~ and what does it mean?!
- Chant sections of the Yoga Sūtra, the major philosophical text of yoga.
- Learn how mantraḥ works ~ the theory of the four pada
- Discover the four stages of speech and the signiﬁcance of the gross, subtle and causal in the Sanskrit language.
- Learn to pronouce the Sanskrit alphabet, āsana names, and Gods and Goddesses.
- The origins of the Sanskrit language: the śiva Sūtras.
- Vedic chants including the Gāytrī Mantraḥ.
- Learn about the signiﬁcance of the Vedas for deepening our knowledge of yoga.
About the Sanskrit language
Sanskrit is the language of ancient India, the mother of English, and the langauge in which all the yogic texts were composed. Fabled for its mystical power, each letter holds a unique resonance. Feel this resonance for yourself by learning how to correctly pronouce these letters.
The study of the Sanskrit language is in itself a spiritual discipline. Our mind tends to be only as free as the language in which it is has been moulded by. Engaging with the Sanskrit language has the capacity to allow a wisdom and a knowing outside of our normal thinking processes to arise within us.
The Sanskrit language is an aid to:
- Understanding in depth the wisdom of the Upanishads and the Yoga Sutras- Understanding spiritual concepts which are not capable of accurate expression in English
- Purifying the mind through sound
- Understanding the laws of creation
- Learning sound meditations effective in tuning the mind so that it becomes a suitable vehicle for self-realisation
- Learning much of the value about one’s own language
Early bird offer £180 before 1st Jan 2020