Craig's Birthday Sound Bash Fri 19th July 7-8pm
Sound Bath Event
Join Craig as he celebrates his birthday with us at Creative Calm Yoga Studio-please don't ask his age!! This is the perfect journey to help your mind, body and soul relax and rejuvenate. Intentional exposure to a sound bath brings an enhanced awareness of senses which can be applied to everyday life challenges and pleasures. A sound bath works out emotional issues and physical blockages that we need to release in order to move forward in life.
To qualify as a gong and sound healing therapist Craig Winterburn trained under Martyn Cawthorne and the Northern School of Sound-smiths to qualify with the International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine.
"I take great pride in bringing my wealth of experience from being a musician and community artist with compassion to each and every session."
"He was good, you could feel he had a background in music... it felt almost poetic or like a song. I loved it"
xx from Emma
• Please let us know in advance if you are pregnant, have a metal implant (contraceptive coils are fine), pacemaker, suffer from a sound sensitive condition or have any query regarding the suitability of a gong bath for you.
• We are advised pregnancy must not attend if still in their first trimester.
• Pacemakers are advised to ask their doctors for advice first but our benchmark is if they have been on a flight and survived cabin pressure it's generally accepted they will be fine however a disclaimer must be signed in all cases. Metal implants in most other cases must be made aware they may experience some discomfort in the area of the implant and again a disclaimer should be signed before hand.
• Anyone with sensitive hearing should wear ear defenders the type a musician would wear.
• Mental heath with severe conditions and people on heavy medication are asked not to attend. Anybody with any mental health are still required to inform us in order that we can discuss any issues in complete confidence prior to attending any gong baths.
Shoulders & Upper Back Workshop with Karen Sat 27 July 10-1 pm
Only a few left!
This workshop looks into creating ways for you to move your shoulders & upper back in a pain-free way. You will focus on movements to keep the shoulders & upper back mobile, strong & stable.
Yoga nidra at the end will allow you to rest deeply & recharge your batteries.
The workshop is open to anyone who wishes to experience the amazing effects of an extended yoga practice.
Hypnobirthing workshop with Natalie Qureshi 9.30-4.30 pm
Only a few left!
Hypnobirthing workshop with Natalie Qureshi, Birth Coach
£195 (per couple)
£165 (per couple), for anyone attending pregnancy yoga at Creative Calm with Janine.
- August 6
- September 14
- October 20
- November 3
- December 14
The workshop will teach you:
- How to reduce anxieties during pregnancy and birth
- Relaxation and pain reduction techniques
- How partners can support
- Essential birth knowledge to help you feel calm and in control
- Skills that work, no matter what your plans for birth
Four downloads and a course workbook are included so you can continue your practice at home afterwards and access to a closed post-workshop hypnobirthing on-line group. Suitable from 20 weeks onwards.
"The workshop left me feeling empowered and excited about the birth of our first child."
“Midwives were impressed with how calm I was throughout”
Mondays 10.15-11.30am Beginners Yoga Course-6 Weeks 2nd September-7th October
6 wk intro course
This course is aimed at those with no/little experience of yoga. You will be taught how your body moves, how to move with breath awareness & how to breathe fully. Relaxation at the end of the class will help you to unwind.
There will be a specially chosen limited selection of asanas (yoga postures) so you can learn the basics. This will make you feel more confident to continue your practice either with Karen, or with another teacher of your choice.
Mon 29 July-9 September 10.15-11.30am
Fabulous Feet Workshop with Ellen Carr 15 Sept 10-1pm
Fabulous Feet Workshop
Our feet are our foundation, in yoga and in life. Working on the feet can unlock a deeper experience in our yoga postures as well as a new experience of the body in our everyday life. Working on the feet also offers the potential of helping us work with problems with the knees, hips, back, shoulders and neck.
In this 3 hour workshop we will explore how healthy, happy feet = healthy, happy humans! We’ll consider foot anatomy, biomechanics and subtle body anatomy in relation to the feet. You’ll leave with an increased understanding of your feet, and armed with lots of practical exercises to help support your foot health in your daily life.
The workshop is run by Ellen Carr. Ellen teaches yoga infused with functional movement, somatics and biomechanics. She aims to provide her students with practical tools they can apply to improve their day-to-day lives. She’s an anatomy geek and is particularly passionate about improving our foot health! In August 2019 Ellen is training with biomechanist Katy Bowman, author of the book Whole Body Barefoot. The brilliant things she learns will definitely make their way into this workshop.
Early bird booking rate! Book by August 18th and get your place for £21 (price after this is £26).
Sounds Of Sanskrit with Lucy Crisfield 30th Nov 10-4pm
Only a few left!
The Language of Yoga
A workshop for anyone wanting to deepen their yoga practice; bringing the philosophy of yoga viscerally alive into our own experience. Lucy Crisfield, speaker at the World Yoga Festival and plenary speaker at the British Wheel of Yoga London festival, will be bringing the ‘Sounds of Sanskrit ~ the language of yoga' to Manchester
- Experience the Yoga Sūtras, the śiva sūtras and the 16 divine mothers. How do you pronounce the bīja mantraḥ, and what is the true significance of the mystical sound oṁ?
- Sound is the most profound medium through which to effect spiritual transformation; it cannot be separated from the path of yoga. Experience the connection between the Sanskrit letters and the elements and open ourselves up to the profound depths of the mantraḥ tradition.
- Deepen our connection to yoga by immersing ourselves in the sounds in which the tradition was created.
Saturday 30th Nov 10-4pm